Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Windows 10 - Users already logged in at boot


Since the recent Fall Creators Update I'm facing a strange behavior while using Windows 10. My brother and I are using different accounts, both protected by password. When I turn on my PC and sign in, an automatic startup program (the Blizzard Launcher) warns me that it can't start since another user on the same computer is using that app. I thought that it was impossible, my brother's account can't be active if I just turned my PC on.


Actually, if I press the start button and the user icon, it says that my brother is signed in.


Image for reference


Ok, he must have turned the PC off without properly disconnecting the account, I thought, right?


So I let my brother log in his account, sign out, turn the PC off, turn it on again, log in my account. Same problem, his account is already signed in. Without even entering the password.


The same happens if he is the one to login first after booting, he sees me already signed in. If I switch account to mine, I can clearly see that my startup programs are already started and ready.


How is this possible? Windows is booting up accounts without even putting the password in?


Answer



Open Settings, Accounts, Sign-in Options.


Sign-in Options


Disable Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart


Hope that helps. Let's know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...