Sunday, December 18, 2016

multiple monitors - Can I leverage my desktop's video card when using my laptop?




Really trying to think outside the box here. I have a laptop which I now use as my primary work machine. I'm really missing having multiple monitors though. Is there anyway I can leverage a video card in another pc to extend my desktop and get my multi monitor setup back?



The laptop is an ASUS-R1F PC with vista.



Thanks.


Answer



You could use MaxiVista, which allows you to use another computer as a secondary monitor. This isn't just a seamless remote control like Synergy or Stardock's Multiply, but actually a second (or third, etc) monitor. Sadly, it is not free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...