Thursday, December 15, 2016

USB Hard drive diagnostic tool

I have a Freecom 500GB Toughdrive and I have a suspicion that something is wrong with it, because my PC sometimes does not find it and it sometimes makes clicking sounds. The drive itself is not that old, however I want to be sure that it's ok, as it contains vital data.


Does anyone know of USB HDD Diagnostics Utility that will tell me the condition of my drive?


I have tried ActiveSmart for USB drives but it does not find my disk.


It's formatted in FAT32, I wondered if I should re-format it in NTFS? Will this make it last longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...