Monday, December 26, 2016

HP/IBM BLADE HW + machine not boot according to boot order

This problem happens on both an IBM blade & HP blade



I installed Linux 5.X on my HP blade from a PXE server. Linux installed successfully from the PXE.



I changed the HP Blade boot order so "hard drive" is before the "PXE NIC" order
so Linux will boot from the hard disk.



Although "hard drive " was before "PXE NIC", HP blade still boots from the PXE and not from the hard disk.



Note I disconnected the PXE LAN and the Linux booted successfully from the hard disk (but I not want to remove the PXE LAN from the blade)




Example of HP boot order after successfully installed linux



 CD-ROM
Diskette Drive (A:)
USB DriveKey (C:)
Hard Drive C: (*)
PXE NIC 1 (**)



example of HP blade boot order before I installed linux (downloading linux from PXE server)



   PXE NIC 1 (**)
CD-ROM
Diskette Drive (A:)
USB DriveKey (C:)
Hard Drive C: (*)


Can anyone suggest why this is happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...