Thursday, December 15, 2016

New keyboard - pressing fn-key + left/right arrows key doesn't skip to the beginning/end of line

I recently got a new keyboard - a Dell WK717. I'm very happy with the keyboard but I've discovered an oddity.



After switching, I've been made aware that I, apparently, make frequent use of pressing the fn-key in combination with the left or right arrow key to skip to either the beginning or end of the line which the cursor is currently on. This shortcut doesn't work with my new Dell keyboard.



The keyboard is connected to my laptop and making use of the same shortcut on the laptop's own keyboard works just fine - the same goes if I connect my old keyboard back up again. It's strictly the new Dell keyboard which doesn't respond the same way.



Dell's support is failing to understand my question and provide any kind of help.



Is there anywhere, where I can force this key combination to act the same way on my new keyboard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...