Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Phoenix Award BIOS won't boot from USB

I have installed several OSs in the past very easily on my system, but recently I've been trying to format Windows 7 on my pc by reinstalling it, just after a few seconds after I enter the BIOS settings, my CPU shuts down.


I could not even save the settings, even if I somehow happen to save the settings and boot when the screen says



press any key to boot from USB...



After pressing a key, the CPU again shuts down, it just won't boot from USB.


I don't know if CPU shutting down by after a few seconds I enter BIOS setting and not being able to boot from USB are 2 different issues or related.


Here are a few things I've tried:



  1. I tried booting windows 10 and ubuntu thinking that iso might be corrupt or something but it still happened all the time.

  2. I tried running the setup.exe file directly from the bootable USB. Initially, it started installing the windows but when it restarts, which is a part of the installation it again won't continue to boot from USB, CPU again shuts down.

  3. used another USB to boot, no luck.


I don't think there is some hardware issue, because when I let it boot to the current OS, it boots properly and runs with shutting down automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...