Thursday, December 22, 2016

worksheet function - Format Excel Column as a Date based on numbers

I have an excel file and a column of what are meant to be dates in the format of the first 4 digits being the year and the last 2 being the month. Is there a way to format this column in "mm-yyyy" format? I am importing these dates into another system and want to create a date field in the destination system.


Sample column data on the left desired output on the right.


196408 -> 08/1964


196701 -> 01/1967


200102 -> 02/2001


Is there an excel formula or some other regular expression that I could use to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...