Tuesday, December 13, 2016

DVI - I Male to DVI - D Male Cable OR DVI - I to VGA Male Cable


Alright. I have geforce 210 graphics card, It has one VGA port and one DVI - I Port.
I also got a DELL IN2020M 20" LED monitor which has VGA port and DVI - A Port.


Now, i already have a another monitor connected VGA (card) to VGA (monitor).
I want to add one more monitor to my setup.


How should i setup, so that i can get benefit of dual monitor?


Should i look for a DVI - I Male (for card) to VGA Male (for monitor) cable ?
Or
Should i look for a DVI - I Male (for card) to DVI - D Male (for monitor) cable?
Also, can i use DVI - D male to DVI - D male cable for the setup i have. (remember, i have DVD-I on my gfx card)


Which one will be the best option for me.
Thank you.


Answer



Use a DVI-D cable - A DVD-I port will accept a DVI-D cable. DVD-I is the "universal" port, it caries both the digital and analog signal.


There is no reason you need to convert DVI to VGA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...