Friday, November 25, 2016

windows 7 - Outlook 2010: Your Outlook data file cannot be configured C:Users.AppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlookoutlook2.ost?

I have a user on a computer on our domain that we can't get Outlook to open her email because her roaming profile no longer exists in the location it did before...


Her user profile used to exist in C:\users\. but now it exists in C:\users\ instead.


The original folder does not exist on the new machine.


When I try to load up outlook on her machine it complains that the file is missing with the error:


Your Outlook data file cannot be configured.
C:\Users\bmiller.ourdomain\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook2.ost

How can I tell Outlook to look for her ost file in an existing directory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...