Sunday, November 27, 2016

Removing Windows Technical Preview from Windows Update


Windows 10 Technical Preview question, running Windows 7 as my base OS.


Before I noticed the .iso files that were available, I ran an .exe from the Microsoft preview website that apparently configured my Windows Update to download an update called "Update for Windows." If I open Windows Update, it asks if I want to "Upgrade to Windows Technical Preview." I do not want this update now that I have the .iso to virtualize.


If I try to hide this update, it reappears! I want to get rid of that update, so how do I do it?


Answer



All you need to do is uninstall KB2990214


Just navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features


enter image description here


then click on View Installed Updates


enter image description here


Source



  • I don't have it installed so its not listed


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...