Sunday, November 20, 2016

windows 7 - 3 Computers in an office infected with a similar virus within a month

We're an office of web developers, so we mostly don't download things. I'm the most recent victim of this virus, however I was able to halt it's progress.
At first, this virus showed up as Blacole.Q and was located in my Google Chrome cache. Upon further scans, a few Trojans showed up, and were subsequently removed. Upon restart, a couple more showed up, and after removing those, my scans are clean.


Tools Used:



  • Microsoft Security Essentials

  • Hitman Pro 3.6

  • Mbam (Didn't do anything nominal)


The first two virus' showed up as Vista Security 2012 and were too deep to remove effectively, we had to start entirely fresh.


My question


What are the chances that this virus is moving through LAN connection (or even DropBox)? Is it possible that this is just a coincidence?


IF this is cause for concern:


What steps should I take to sanitize the network? How can I detect a network virus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...