Tuesday, November 22, 2016

windows 10 - The selected boot device failed. Press any key to continue

I am attempting to create a bootable USB drive to install Windows LTSB on my computer. To do so I have taken the following steps.


1) Procured an ISO file containing Windows LTSB


2) Tested that this ISO file worked by a] verifying its checksum and b] opening it with Virtualbox


3) Use Rufus to create a bootable USB drive like so:


Screenshot_Of_Rufus


4) Launch UEFI and change the following settings (the following is not exact wording):



  • Secure boot to off

  • "Legacy boot" to on or off (either option didn't work)

  • "Allow legacy ROMs to on"


I would then re-launch my computer and press F12 to select a bootable drive. While I could select a bootable drive labeled as "Mass Media Storage Device" - it would not launch and instead would give the error described in the post title.


How can I fix this error, or at the very least, determine if the problem is with my UEFI settings or flashdrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...