Saturday, November 26, 2016

macos - Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer - strange error from boot - install of Snow Leopard


I have an "Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM" Mac mini.


I am trying to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Currently the Mac mini is running Mac OS X Leopard v10.5.8.


While Installing Snow Leopard 10.6.4 from an original Apple install DVD, I got the following message.


From my previously asked question's answer, according to me, it is possible to install Snow Leopard on a Mac mini. What would be the trouble here?


enter image description here


Answer



It sounds like you are trying to use an SL DVD that came with another Mac. They often fail to install on Mac models different from the one they were shipped with.


You need to get a Snow Leopard Retail DVD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...