Friday, November 18, 2016

How can I run something as Administrator via Cygwin's SSH?

I'm trying to connect to a remote Windows 7 box that needs a setup change or two. I've got access to an Administrator account via Cygwin's SSH server, but Cygwin won't let me run Administrator-privilege utilities ("The requested operation requires elevation (Run as administrator.)")



The standard solution for this is, to the best of my knowledge, RunAs.exe, but trying to run it via SSH results in it quitting instantly with no diagnostic (even when run as "runas /?"). Starting "cmd" from ssh gives me a standard DOS prompt, but from the DOS prompt, "runas" just echoes the commandline back at me no matter what I do, again, even when run as "runas /?".



Cygwin won't let me connect as Administrator@computername.



Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...