Wednesday, November 30, 2016

windows 7 - How do I find out which programs were blocked by my group policy?

I have to lock down a company computer so that it becomes reasonably difficult to perform anything but the intended tasks with it. As one of the steps, I have restricted the programs that are allowed to be run via a group policy object. However, at times (for example when I plug in a USB device), a window pops up informing me that my group policy has blocked the execution of a program. How do I track down which program that was?


When I have the Task Manager enabled, I notice that something seems to run when plugging in a device, but it disappears so quickly that I am unable to catch its name. I also don't seem to find anything in the event logs. How can I track that program(s) down?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...