Monday, November 28, 2016

windows 7 - Computer screen stops working after installing graphics driver

I have a Dell studio 1558 laptop with Windows 7 ultimate. Yesterday i got a blue screen with error for "atikmpag.sys" file and the screen stopped working. It just went blank. Later i hooked it up to external monitor and again got the same blue screen on startup. Now if i remove the graphics driver using safe mode, the screen starts working and it boots up also. But if i install the driver again i get blue screen on windows startup. Could it be that my graphics card has gone bad ?


My pc config is
intel i5 processor, 4gb ram, amd ati radeon hd 5470 graphic card

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...