Tuesday, November 29, 2016

hard drive - Windows 7 dual boot with Debian Jessie

I had debian jessie installed on a single hard drive, then i added 3 other hard drives just for storage purposes but I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on one of them. It was working fine until windows update corrupted my Windows drive, and upon trying to reinstall i deleted that partition on the drive. Then upon booting i get an error on the Debian drive saying "missing operating system". I could only reinstall windows by unplugging all but the desired drive, and now i still cannot boot Debian, but Windows will only boot properly with only its drive plugged in. I am trying to find a way to leave all 4 drives plugged in, and repair my Debian installation. Does anyone know what the problem could be booting with the other drives plugged in? and any way to repair Debian so that it will recognize the operating system alongside Windows 7?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...