Monday, November 28, 2016

linux - Recover files from fried Macbook - receive access denied

I have a friend that has a Macbook that no longer works, however the hard drive is still functioning properly. I took the hard drive out of the laptop and installed it into a desktop PC, and then booted to Linux Mint from a disk (I don't have a docking station). I then inserted a Flash drive to copy the files to. However when I open the home directory on the hard drive, I am getting an access denied. I can browse all through the disk except the home directory where all of their data is located. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get by this?
Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...