Thursday, November 24, 2016

Determine Product Key Used to Activate Windows 7



I have an OEM version of Windows 7 running on a recently purchased Dell laptop. The laptop came with only 2 GB of memory but I'd like to upgrade it to 6 GB. To do so will require me to reinstall Windows so that I can upgrade to the 64-bit version.



I'm unable to locate the Windows 7 key on the laptop or any material included with the laptop. How can I determine the product key used to activate Windows on my machine?




Update: Is it the Product ID located under the following (Paste into Windows Explorer)?




Control Panel\System and Security\System



Answer



Power down the laptop and remove the battery, you should find it on the case, safely hidden away... ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...