Wednesday, November 23, 2016

linux - How to decrease the CPU usage when running Virtual Box?

I am facing an issue with 100% CPU usage under my system when running VirtualBox. Here are some further details:



My System Information:


CPU 1 name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz
CPU 1 level 1 cache size: 32K Data cache. 32K Instruction cache.


CPU 1 level 2 cache size: 1024K Unified cache.
CPU 1 Mips: 2926.20
CPU 2 name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz
CPU 2 level 1 cache size: 32K Data cache. 32K Instruction cache.


CPU 2 level 2 cache size: 1024K Unified cache.


CPU 2 Mips: 2925.96
64 bit CPU? Yes!
Total memory: 2.0 GB
Total swap: 6141 MBytes




My Operating System Information:


Kubuntu OS version: 11.04
Kernel version: 2.6.38-8-generic
Kernel arch: i686
Default shell: /bin/bash




My Virtual Box Settings:


OS Type: Windows XP
Video Memory: 32 MB
Acceleration: 3D
Base Memory: 512 MB



The Problem Details:


Well, each time I run Windows XP from my VirtualBox, I see the CPU usage at almost 100%. I experience a slow system even if no programs were running on my hosted Windows XP version.


I was wondering if there is a way for me to play with the settings so I can slightly enhance the performance. My PC is relatively fast under my Linux operating system. I need to know if there are some tips that I may follow when configuring the settings of my VirtualBox so i can achieve better results.


Any suggestions/ideas are highly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...