Wednesday, November 30, 2016

windows 10 - “ntoskrnl.exe” system process eats ~12% of CPU when idle

So, after around 5 minutes of idle, CPU goes to ~12% usage by process SYSTEM (PID 4), more specifically by thread called ntoskrnl.exe!ExQueueWorkItem+0x400 and after some time it ends by itself but it happens everytime I left my PC idle. If any key is pressed or the mouse moved, this stops immediately.


I have this PC for a year already and never seen this before last couple of months. So, i did clean installation of windows about two weeks ago to solve this and there was not such a problem since then but today it appeared again. I didn't make any changes in software/hardware.


I have all drivers updated, Windows 10 Home, Fall Creators Update with latest build. Despite this everything is working fine but this problem is annoying.


So what should I do?


Edit: i found out using taskschedulerview that everytime this cpu usage happen there are several processes every time the same


screenshot from taskschedulerview

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...