Monday, December 18, 2017

Windows Update Service Pack 1 give error 0x800f0826

I'm helping out a remote user that has an Apple OSX box running Parallels with Windows 7 as the guest OS. When installing Windows 7 SP1, error 0x800f0826 is generated with no additional information. I've found hundreds of discussion board posts related to this problem, but few are anything more than people reporting the problem. The closest thing I've found to a common thread is that earlier versions of DriverSweeper.Net would remove some necessary video drivers that SP1 required, but I don't think my remote user is using this app (I've asked, but havent' gotten a response yet).



Does anyone have any decent information on this particular error?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...