Sunday, December 10, 2017

fedora - Linux -- Display has red tint


My monitor seems to have a slightly reddish tint when using the DVI input (it's a LCD, not a CRT). On the VGA input I can adjust the colors, but not on DVI. On OSX/Windows what I would do is create a custom color profile for that display with changed gamma/etc settings, but I cannot seem to find out how to do this under Linux.


Is there any way to change the color profile under linux (short of buying color calibration hardware and using dispcalgui)?


Answer



Typing xrandr --gamma 1:1:1 will likely fix the problem. This should work on any X11 based display system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...