Friday, December 22, 2017

linux - Unmountable SD card (error -110)

I'm trying to access data unto my micro sdcard (using a SD card adapter) from my Linux system.



But each time I try I get nothing but an error into dmesg:





mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card




Also I don't seem to see the device listed under /dev (nothing called mmcXXX at least), and fdisk -l doesn't show it up neither.



On the other hand Windows is able to detect the micro sdcard with its 3 partitions (this is my e-reader micro sdcard) only asking me to format the sdcard because it can't read from it, which seems normal to me as there are partitions which should be ext3/ext4 but it prevent me from accessing the sd card content.



I found a lot of links about the Linux error but can't figure out a way to bring the micro sdcard back to life or if it's permanently damaged.




Any thoughts on it ?



Thanks for your help

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...