Saturday, December 16, 2017

windows 7 - Access denied to a file on FAT file system



I just got a new phone which is supplied with a 2 GB SD card. I bought a bigger card to replace it and I want to copy the preloaded data to the new card.



The default card's filesystem is FAT and I've formatted the new card with FAT32.
So far so good.



When I'm trying to copy the data from the default card, I receive an access denied error on some of the files, the system won't allow me to read them.



How can I unlock these files? As this is a FAT file system, taking ownership in Windows 7 doesn't have any effect. I tried creating an image and writing the image but that makes the partition only 2 GB big - and doesn't really fix the problem of me being unable to copy (e.g. backup) the files.


Answer




Since you've tried the .iso (creating an image) approach, why not mount the .iso in Windows and copy it out of the image to the new card? Directions for this process: howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/…


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...