Thursday, December 14, 2017

windows - How to be safe plugging in an infected USB?

I have an infected USB that is loaded with trojans, spywares, Sality, etc. Basically, I wish to put my important data somewhere, reformat the USB, then restore the data.



I have prepared a freshly installed operating system that is virus free. It seems like the only way to reformat the USB is to plug it into the PC.



Is it true that as long as I disable USB drive autorun, there is no way my clean computer can get infected by the infested USB?



Alternatively, is it true that if I delete autorun.inf on my USB, even if I have autorun enabled on my PC, there is no way I can get infected?




Also, how can I safely copy my data files from the USB to my clean computer, so that I can reformat my USB, then restore the files back to the USB?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...