Saturday, December 23, 2017

Downgrade From Windows 10 after Changing Administrator Password


After installing Windows 10, I changed my Administrator account password, losing my EFS-encryption on some system files according to this fine print which I didn't read in my haste to make sure I had a working password:
enter image description here


Now, I can't downgrade because it keeps giving me the error when trying to downgrade that I need to remove Administrator (even though I restored its de-activated state through "net user Administrator /active:no" command).
enter image description here


If anyone has any solution at all... I will try anything.


Answer



I'm not 100% sure if this'll work, but I think it is failing because it still finds the profile on your computer.


The following steps are for windows 8 (can't test it on 10 right now, but I bet they're nearly the same)



  1. Right click start button

  2. Select Control Panel

  3. Open System

  4. Choose Advanced System Settings

  5. Under tab Advanced, Frame User Profiles, press Settings...

  6. Select the user and hit Delete


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...