Saturday, December 9, 2017

Windows 7 taking more space than Vista?

I've just done an upgrade from Windows Vista Home to Windows 7 Home. I had previously done a backup of all the files i needed to keep ( pics, music, emails,...) on another computer.



In all, the backup files amount to about 50GB. The computer in question has a 160GB hd, but for some reason, Win 7 only sees it as having 136GB. I know the actual size of a disk is smaller than the spec, but by this much? Doesn't sound right to me...



Space was not an issue while it was running Vista.



Any ideas? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...