Saturday, December 30, 2017

memory - How can I determine the fastest RAM I can put in my laptop ?


I would like to add some RAM to my laptop but I have one small problem: I would like to know what is the fastest speed I can put inside it.


I know from CPU-Z that I use DDR3 RAM:


One piece of RAM is PC3-10700 (667 Mhz) and the other is PC3-8500F (533 Mhz)


I use Acer Travel Mate 5742G if that's relevant. My Chipset is Intel Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge.


Answer



You laptop will take up to 8GB and the fastest speed it will take is DDR3 PC3-10600 .
You can buy it here >> http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=E5A23A8EA5CA7304


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...