Monday, December 25, 2017

windows 7 - Stardock's LogonStudio doesn't change the login screen background?


I am using a Sony VAIO laptop (that comes with a custom login screen to begin with) running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.


I am trying to use Stardock's LogonStudio to change the background of my login screen.


I can add new images to the program, but no matter what I use (preloaded or my own images), it never manages to change the login screen background.


Is there a way I can get this to work?


Answer



I have a VAIO as well and it looks like getting this to work requires a small registry edit:



  1. Go to Start->Run and type in regedit.

  2. Back up your registry using File->Export.

  3. In the tree on the left, navigate to the following key:


    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background


  4. Double-click on the OEMBackground key and change its value to 0.


  5. Click OK.


The logon screen background should now change as expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...