Sunday, December 17, 2017

windows 7 - Why is all my RAM being used by Aero?

I have a new Acer laptop. Specs are Windows 7 Ultimate (x86), 2GB RAM, Core i5 480M, HD6550 gfx (1GB dedicated memory) card and 600GB HDD.


Whenever I turn on the laptop, the computer is extremely slow and prone to crashing. I checked Task Manager and it seems that despite having no programs running, the RAM is 98% utilised.


enter image description here


The odd thing is the processes listed do not account for the RAM which is used up. I did a memcheck on the RAM and no errors were found.


If I disable Aero then the RAM goes back down to a normal 25%. Any ideas? I like Aero, would suck if I can't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...