Friday, July 28, 2017

windows - How to fix ASUS random reboot


As the title is saying, I can't turn on my laptop while it's cold, I need to put it on a relatively hot radiator.


When I turn it on and it's cold there is only the "Turn on /turn off" button working and there is no other activity. I've already tried without the battery but nothing changed.


Moreover, my laptop i srandomly rebooting in-game and sometimes on desktop (using vlc, watching streams, surfing on internet ect.) but I guess it's an independent issue .


What I've done :


-fresh install on new hard disk --> same issue


-changed physical memory --> same issue


-stressed test memory, cpu and gpu --> no reboot, handly all of those tests perfectly


-tryed linux debian jessie, using propriatary graphic card drivers --> same issue


-activated blue screen errors, nothing changed, blue screen's not showing


-changed thermal paste from cpu and gpu --> no overheat


-checked windows system logs :


Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Event ID: 41
Level: Critical
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Sometimes it's rebooting quickly, sometimes not. But when launching a game, it's rebooting directly, after 1 second.


Something to know :


Got NO reboot while laptop is UNPLUGGED. So I've ordered a new alimentation since for me it's the only possiblity for now (receiving this one tomorrow probably) --> received new power adapter and still got this problem.


Laptop specifications : it's an Asus ROG 75VW


Screen Size     17.3 inches
Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080
Max Screen Resolution 1920x1080
Processor 2.4 GHz Core i7-3630QM
RAM 12 GB DDR3
Memory Speed 1600 MHz
Hard Drive 750 GB mechanical_hard_drive
Graphics Coprocessor Nvidia GTX 660M 2G GDDR5
Graphics Card Ram Size 2000 MB
Wireless Type 802.11bgn
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 4
Item model number G75VW-AH71
Operating System Windows 7 Integral Edition;
Processor Brand Intel Core I7
Processor Count 4
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Battery Type Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Power Source Battery
Voltage 19 volts

Feel free to ask for more informations and thank you in advance if you've any suggestions .


Answer



The oven fixed all lol.
Both issues were coming from GPU.


If you're encountering the same issue with random reboot (saw a lot of topic with no solutions) just put your graphic card 10min at 240°C in your oven.
2nd card I'm repairing like this :-)
Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...