Sunday, July 9, 2017

Upgrade Windows 7 Home to Pro (or Ultimate)


I purchased a new laptop which I’ll receive shortly…The operating system is Windows 7 Home edition.


I will want to upgrade (or change OS) to either Professional or Ultimate.


I am faced with the following options:


Option 1)
I’ve read about this new Windows Anytime Upgrade which will upgrade your current OS to another version provided you have a Windows Anytime Upgrade Key.


Option 2)
Assuming I already have the DVD and license product key for Windows 7 Professional (or Ultimate), simply place the DVD and upgrade while providing the product key.


Option 3)
Completely format the laptop assuming I have the appropriate DVD and product key.


My questions are the following:



How is the Windows Anytime Upgrade Key different from the DVD
product Key?


Are they the same?


If I decide to go along with option 1), can I use the DVD product Key
or do I absolutely need this Windows Anytime Upgrade Key?



Thanks in advance!


Answer



There are 2 disk product keys:



  • Upgrade Disk


  • Full Install Disk



Since you are already on windows 7, anytime upgrade is ideal to move onto another edition as its faster and doesnt require full program re-install.


Anytime is also cheaper than an upgrade disk.


Upgrade disk is really ment for people upgrading from a previous OS, such as XP or Vista


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...