Sunday, July 30, 2017

netbook - Windows XP Resolution is stuck on 800x600 Gateway LT27

So I formatted my whole netbook 256GB SSD and installed Windows XP Professional, and plan to dualboot. I first started with Windows XP, and the install went smoothly, I splitstreamed my old Windows XP disc with SP3 for less hassle. The computer is up to date, I installed all the drivers on the Gateway support page, however the resolution wont budge from 800x600. The native resolution of the netbook is 1024x600 on a 10.1" display, and I cant understand the problem. Any help out there? It is a Intel Atom N450, Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 1GB RAM and 1.67 GHz CPU. In the device management program, there are two things in the display adapters, It says the GMA1350 twice, both have exclamation marks in them.


I am currently installing Ubuntu alongside XP, and even Ubuntu can identify the native display, why can't XP? Help is very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...