Wednesday, July 26, 2017

power supply - Would this AC adapter work with this external HDD enclosure?

So I've lost the adapter that came with my external HDD enclosure, but I have a pile of AC adapters, most are under-powered. This one is the closest, but it seems like the enclosure needs a little more amperage than the adapter would provide. Would it be safe to give it a try?



I've posted links to the specs on the HDD box, and the adapter I've found.



The HDD's power adapter specs are:
[Specifications 1]




AC input 100~140V, DC output 12V 2.0A





My spare adapter shows:
[Specifications 2]




Input 120VAC 60 Hz 27.1W / Output 12VAC 1670 mA


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...