Sunday, July 9, 2017

Can't see folder C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocuments in windows explorer


When I open Windows explorer and navigate to



C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\



I don't see the Documents folder listed


In folder options I have



  1. Selected Show Hidden files and folders

  2. Unchecked Hide protected operating system files


I am able to enter the full address in the address bar


Answer



Based on experimentation, it appears that Windows Explorer shows the "All Users\Documents" folder with the name "Shared Documents". In other words, Windows Explorer just labels the folder differently, perhaps as a reminder that this folder acts differently.


If you go to a command window, change to the "All Users" directory, and do a DIR, you will see that in fact there is no "Shared Documents" directory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...