Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Will windows 10.1511 eventually get the anniversary update automatically?


I currently run the Windows 10 professional 1511, which I upgraded to from Windows 7 (the same edition) on July 25th.


I thought it would be a 30 days delay before I get it through the windows update (due to the provided ability to revert to Win7 back).


But now as more than 30 days has passed I still don't get it in the list of updates.


I realise that I may download and install it manually, but the question is whether it would get it automatically eventually or not?


Answer



Yes, you should get it eventually. I have some machines that have gotten it automatically, and some that haven't. Apparently Microsoft is doing a phased rollout:


https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/08/02/how-to-get-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...