Tuesday, July 18, 2017

audio - Synergy restrict hotkey to one computer

Server


Ubuntu 16.04x64


Synergy 1.8.8


Client


macOS 10.13.3


Synergy 1.8.8


I would like to have the media keys on my keyboard sent to the server regardless of what screen I am on.


On the client, I could not find any configuration that needed to be made to activate this.


On the server, I went to Configure Server then clicked on the Hotkeys tab. I added a new hotkey for the keystroke(AudioMute). I then selected that hotkey and added a new action for it. In the configure action I have chosen the following:


Choose the action to perform


Press and release a hotkey
keystroke(AudioMute)

only on these screens


server screen selected

This action is performed when


the hotkey is pressed

From my understanding, this should make it so that when I press the Mute media key that it should route back to the server and execute the Mute media key. However, this does not seem to be working at all. When I press the key associated with the hotkey on the server it will mute the server. When I press the hotkey on the client machine it will mute the client.


I have tried using a modifier with the media key such as ctrl+AudioMute. This did not work either. Am I missing a setting or configuration? It seems like the hotkeys may be overridden by the default actions on the client machine. I am unsure of how to further troubleshoot as I am not as familiar with macOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...