Monday, July 31, 2017

command line - How can I use VIM to edit files from within CPrompt on Windows 8?

I was following a tutorial on how to use Git earlier. The instructor was using a Mac, and used a program called Nano to edit a file he made from the command line (or what it's called on a Mac.)


I am using Windows 8. I am using "Command Prompt with Ruby and Rails." At any rate, I thought I was out of luck on the snazzy Nano feature. However, I noticed CMD (the command prompt thing) has what I think is VIM as part of it. It came about as I tried to commit, and suddenly this VIM arose so I could edit the commit.


So my question is, can I use VIM to edit files the same way as someone with Nano could, thus it being an equivalent, of sorts? If so, how do I "call" this VIM in relation to a file to edit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...