Tuesday, July 11, 2017

windows 7 - High Disk I/O and CPU usage of System Process in "System Volume Information"

I've a problem with high disk IO and cpu usage from the system process. With the performance monitor I can see that it writes and reads about 100MB/s froM "System Volume Information".


I tried to get more information on which part of "system" is doing the writing, but sysinternals process explorer only shows me the TrueCrypt threads as CPU usage, which is understandable since they have to do encryption for 100MB/s. Is there a way to drill down and see which part of system is writing the stuff to "System Volume Information" and actually creating the IO?


I checked the usual suspects, defrag and restore points are disabled anyway. I also uninstalled Crashplan and TrueImage what I used for backup that might be a reason to do stuff like this with the Shadow Copy stuff. No new software was installed recently, only a windows update two weeks ago.


Not sure how much longer my SSD can take this =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...