Wednesday, July 26, 2017

MacBook does not go to sleep when plugged in since upgrading to Lion

My MacBook does not turn off when I put it in sleep mode, when it is plugged in. I put the laptop on "sleep" or close the lid, but the computer stays on and stays hot! My MacBook goes to sleep fine (turned off and had pulsating white light when on battery). If it is plugged in & I put it to sleep, the screen shuts off, but the computer stays on (solid white light)!


This has been happening ever since the upgrade to Lion! Is there any way to fix this?


It shuts down fine & it goes to sleep fine when on battery. It does not go to sleep when plugged in, that is the issue! I have already tried resetting SMC & PRAM, fixing permissions, and disabled startup applications!


My friends macbook pro goes to sleep fine with Lion! What is wrong! This did not happen in Snow Leopard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...