Friday, July 28, 2017

windows 7 - After a restart, preventing Group Policy Update from updating the registry values

My machine is part of a corporate domain and I have local admin rights on this machine.



Due to the GPs applied, I was not able to change my wallpaper. So I did a GPResult /v and figured out the problem was 2 registry entries in the following directory:



KeyName: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Wallpaper
Value: 67, 0, 58, 0

State: Enabled



KeyName: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\WallpaperStyle
Value: 50, 0, 0, 0
State: Enabled



I deleted both the above entries, and now I am able to change the wallpaper. However, these entries are restored in the registry whenever I restart my machine. And once again, the wallpaper cannot be set manually.



Question:
Is there a way I can prevent the Group Policy from updating the above two registry entries on every restart? I don't want to disable all other GP updates pushed by my company.

PS: I have local admin rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...