Monday, December 9, 2019

xml - Notepad++ incorrect syntax highlighting?

So I want to build a XHTML 1.0 Strict based website. Using Notepad++ for syntax highlighting came as an idea to me. But when I tried to put the XML declaration (as stated in the spec, proper XHTML pages should use a XML declaration and be served as application/xhtml+xml) I can't get the entire document highlighted propperly. Here is the code I used for a basic page:










Page




TEST







Paste this in Notepad++ and you'll see that it won't highlight the code between (it renders its background white) if language is set to XML. If I set the language to HTML, then the script gets correctly highlighted but the XML declaration is not. What to do? How to make a hybrid language - combination of XML and HTML?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...