Wednesday, December 18, 2019

macos - Change function key behavior is OSX, but only for some f keys


I highly doubt this is possible, but it's worth a try...


I have a new MacBook Pro, and I find myself ( as a VIM user ) accidentally hitting the F1 ( decrease Brightness) key regularly, when trying to hit ESC to get back into normal mode. I have remapped F1 to ESC in my .vimrc, but it seems that the key doesn't register as F1 unless I have fn held down. I know how to change this behavior in the System Preferences, but there are some function keys, like the volume control keys, that I want left how they are.


Sorry if this confusing, basically what I would like to know is whether I can set the Brightness keys to be set to F1 and F2 by default, while keeping the volume control keys set to volume control by default....


Answer



You want FunctionFlip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...