Wednesday, December 25, 2019

windows 7 - Flash drive not recognized


I was copying some files to my flash drive and removed it from my laptop.  When I plugged it into my PC, it didn't recognize it and it doesn't show up in disk management, and I can't find it in device manager. It's the same on my PC and my laptop.  The only thing I can find online is assigning a drive letter from disk management, but like I said,  it's not there. Anyone know how I can fix it? The files are backed up but I need my flash drive


Answer



So this is not a common situation probably but here's what was happening. I had used that flash drive on a homebrew Wii a few days ago, and hadn't used it again. Apparently it hadn't been ejected properly on the Wii, and Windows read it but broke it trying to close it. Putting it back in the Wii and removing it properly fixed it. I figured this out when it happened with another drive again, I guess it's some bug in the Wii's USB deiver.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...