Saturday, December 21, 2019

Can you match a Windows XP product key to a service pack release?

I have a Windows XP product key on my PC, but I'm not sure which release of Windows XP it belongs to SP1, SP2, or SP3.


Is there a way I can tell without trying each one?


Note:
In this case, I have an old PC which had an OEM XP Pro license. I don't have the media for it any more. However, I do have a media for XP Pro (off the shelf non-OEM).


The Product Key on the case doesn't want to validate. So I'm presuming that there is something encoded in it as to the release it works with. I can get media, I just don't want to try each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...