Wednesday, December 25, 2019

How can I assign Excel keyboard shortcuts for macros that use keys other than Ctrl + {alpha character}

I would like to assign keyboard shortcuts to Excel macros that use keys other than the standard Ctrl + {alpha character}. Based on this post it sounds like it is possible but I am not sure how:



There are 3 different kinds of keyboard shortcuts I know of:



  1. Ones like Ctrl-C for Copy

  2. Ones like Alt-E-S-V for Edit > Paste

  3. Special > Values A shortcut key combo you assign to your own macro

    . . .

    With #3 it's still the same as it was in earlier versions, just go
    into the Macro dialog and change the shortcut in Options. You only
    have the choice of Ctrl and one key, I believe. With VBA you can
    actually create longer combos like Ctrl-Shft-N (one of my favorites).




Link to original


Doug, would you mind providing additional detail?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...