Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Expected lifespan estimate for SD card used in read only mode

I know that SD cards, like all things, have a limited lifespan and I know that they can handle a limited number of write cycles, which is usually what limits the lifespan. But what is an MTBF estimate for an SD card that is only wirtten to once and then used only for reads?



Here's why I'm asking. My car dealer is telling me that my navigation system is failing because the map SD card, which is set to read only, has gone bad after just a few years. I find this difficult to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...