Tuesday, December 10, 2019

macbook pro - Is there a risk of losing data (Documents and iPhoto) while downgrading to OS X Snow leopard to 10.5 (leopard)

I was in the middle of re-installing OS X Snow leopard, the system crashed and I thought, there something wrong with my installation DVD (I bought that upgrade version separately and was using it for more than a year) then I tried re-intalling with my original DVD which 10.5 and crashed again, later I realized crashing issue due to my display chip and got it replaced and my display works fine.



After display chip was repaired, I tried reinstalling my current version 10.6 snow leopard. It says "Couldn't be installed as some files couldn't be copied", I think this message is because of installation mess because I am sure my DVD is not damaged it looks very new and scratches. Now I am wondering if I reinstall my macbook pro with 10.5 DVD will there be a risk of losing my data (Documents and iPhoto) that was under 10.6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...