Friday, December 20, 2019

printing - How can I stop OpenOffice from changing the page size?

I am designing a book in OpenOffice Writer. The book is 6x9, and that needs to be the page size -- the logical page size, if you will. But while working on it, I need to print pages on 8.5x11 paper, because that's what I have. (The published book will be printed by a printing company.)


Every time I try to print a page, OpenOffice changes the printer page size to Envelope C5. That means the edge of my page gets cropped off, because my printer can't handle the tiny margins it would take to print a 6x9 page on a C5 envelope.


How can I make OpenOffice print a 6x9 logical page on an 8.5x11 physical page without going into printer properties every single time I want to print a page, and without changing the logical page size to something other than 6x9?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...